Trainee Recruitment Consultant (Health, Safety and Environment) | Rickmansworth | £18,000 to £24,000 base salary (OTE £30K Year 1)
About the company
Irwin & Colton is the specialist in Health, Safety and Environment recruitment, with over two decades' experience, and well established as the industry expert. Our candidates are a rare blend of hard skills (qualifications / experience) and soft skills (communication / problem solving). Finding these unique people, who add so much value to our clients' organisations, takes experience and judgement. We're committed to helping you learn, grow and succeed in an open, positive environment.
We're in Rickmansworth Town Centre, a five-minute walk from Rickmansworth Station (Metropolitan and Chiltern Train Line).
About the role:
We're looking for someone who's ready to learn, who is full of energy and enthusiasm. You'll be focused on identifying those special candidates our clients rely on us to find. You will:
- Work closely with the Directors, to gain an end-to-end understanding of the recruitment process
- Use 'best-in-class' tools and systems to help identify the highest-calibre candidates.
- Offer support across various recruitment assignments, from entry level to the most senior leadership positions
- Be ready to undertake our proven training methods, which give you the best chance of success, and reward, in your role
Our team and your place in it
We're a close-knit team, from recent graduates through to experienced Consultants, with backgrounds in sales, events and recruitment. We put great value in collaborative working and encourage our Consultants to cross sell and share candidates, for which we also offer incentives.
As a Trainee Consultant, you'll work in close partnership with the Directors and other Consultants in your area. You will be well supported by our two Directors who both have a decade in the industry and have studied, volunteered and worked in the wider Health, Safety & Environment space.
What we're looking for
Most import to us is your desire to learn and your determination to grow and succeed. It's all about who you are. Our reputation has been built on in-depth industry knowledge and finding those candidates who add unexpected value. That's why world-famous clients rely on us. But we're a team, and we'll be there to help you, every step of the way.
- Tenacity, excellent organisational skills and a great work ethic
- Sales experience would be beneficial, however the right attitude and personality is more important to us
- A Degree or equivalent vocational qualification would be ideal
- The desire to learn, commit to our proven training methodology
We'll give you all the time you need, to settle in and get to grips with the technology, and how we work. We'll also help you understand the industry. Everyone is different so we make sure your development path is tailored to you. What matters most to us is that you show determination and commitment, and stick to our values.
Real expertise you can bank on
Our assertion of deep, respected market knowledge is no spurious claim. Our popular Safety Bytes videos, where industry leaders regularly appear, demonstrate our knowledge and reputation. In a crowded marketplace, where great service is standard, true market insight is a valuable commodity and our Safety Bytes series, with over 10,000 regular viewers sets us apart as the true industry experts.
So what are the perks?
We look after our people because we want you to stay with us for the long term. So, as well as all the things you'd expect like a pension, commission (Trainee Consultants hitting target can expect to earn an additional £6,000 per year) and 22 days' holiday, you'll enjoy a range of social activities, from weekly beers, to big nights out and unforgettable events.
Here's a full list:
- Holiday allowance (22 days plus bank holidays) including your birthday off
- Closed from Christmas to New Year
- 1 month fully-paid leave (sabbatical), after 5 years
- Christmas & Summer Party, and Quarterly Events - every quarter is different, past events include: rooftop cocktails in London, speed boat on Thames, Top Golf, German Christmas markets (and beer house).
- Daily dress down (Business Casual)
- Annual awards
- Friday: beers at 4.30pm, all day casual wear and early finish - weekly dart board jackpot winner
- Summer family BBQs
- Team nights out for hitting target
- Weekly lunchtime jogging club around local parks
- Sporting team challenges (Tough Mudder / Rough Runner)
- Thousands of discounts for fashion, leisure and entertainment, eating out, holidays and travel and shopping, saving you around £1,200 a year
- Mentoring, support and active career development
- Fully subsidised weekly spin class
- Free fruit, all day, every day
- Mobile phone insurance
- Quick online GP access
Sound like the right role for you?
If you think you'd be a good match for this role apply here or contact our Director, James Irwin.