Senior Nuclear Safety Advisor
Location: Winfrith, Dorset
Salary: £50,000 to £70,000 plus bonus and attractive benefits
We've been engaged by an international leader in the environmental services, waste and recycling industry to recruit a Senior Nuclear Safety Advisor. This role will play a leading role in ensuring the safe operation of a nuclear and radioactive materials processing site. The role will report directly to the SHEQ Director and be a trusted source of expertise in the processing of highly hazardous materials.
The organisation has an excellent reputation in the industry, with a long history of successful operation across the UK and internationally.
Responsibilities of the Senior Nuclear Safety Advisor:
- Provide expertise and leadership for safety, health and environmental issues across a high risk hazardous processing site, ensuring full regulatory compliance
- Develop and manage the Safety Case for the site, seeking continuous improvement and best practice at every opportunity
- Ensure management systems in line with industry best practice and global standards across the business
- Be the lead interface with key internal and external stakeholders including contractors, regulators, enforcement agencies and suppliers for the site
The successful Senior Nuclear Safety Advisor will have:
- Proven experience in a similar role within chemicals, nuclear, radioactive, or waste related industry
- NEBOSH or NCRQ Diploma and / or relevant Environment qualifications and membership of a relevant professional body (i.e IOSH, IEMA)
- Experience with managing, developing and improving a Safety Case for a high risk facility (advantage)
- A strong technical knowledge across relevant health and safety legislation
This role would suit an experienced Health & Safety professional looking to advance their career and technical development in a forward-thinking company. For further details and to apply, please contact Michael Colton on 01923 432 633.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and Safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.