Senior Health, Safety & Environment Advisor (Mechanical & Facilities)
Abingdon, Oxfordshire | £48,000 to £52,000 + Bonus + Exceptional Benefits
We've been engaged by a specialist global industrial technology manufacturer to recruit a Senior Health Safety & Environment Advisor. The organisation has a global network and this role is specifically responsible for their large research and development site.
The company are leaders in health and safety and have an exceptional track record, this role will join the existing health and safety team and will play a key part in the continuing success.
A specific area of focus for this position is the mechanical integrity of the research and development site.
Responsibilities for the Senior Health, Safety & Environment Advisor will include:
- Ensuring the facility is fully compliant with both UK legislation and the global strategy for health, safety and environment
- Act as the key point of contact for health and safety, covering all mechanical equipment and hard facilities across the site
- Auditing safety, health and environmental performance, accurately reporting and investigating incidents and near misses
- Engaging with key internal and external stakeholders including contractors, regulators, and enforcement agencies
The successful Senior Health, Safety & Environment Advisor will have:
- Proven experience in a similar role ideally within a related manufacturing or industrial environment
- NEBOSH or NCRQ Certificate and membership of IOSH, ideally working towards or hold diploma level
- Excellent communication skills with proven experience engaging clients, staff, and contractors
- A strong technical knowledge across relevant health and safety legislation including exposure to pressure systems and mechanical integrity
This is an excellent opportunity to work for a global industry leader in a progressive and forward-thinking environment. For more information and to apply please contact Michael Colton on or 01923 432 633
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and Safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.