Senior Health and Safety Manager
Amsterdam | €75,000 + Car and Excellent benefits
Irwin & Colton has been engaged by a major international Principal Contractor to recruit a Senior Health and Safety Manager. The company turnover in excess of £2bn and have over 5000 employees globally. They have an excellent track record of health and safety performance and this role is critical to ensure this is not only maintained but continually improved and developed.
Initially this role has responsibility for a major construction project in Amsterdam, however it is expected this role will develop into a countrywide health and safety lead role.
Responsibilities of the Senior Health and Safety Manager will include:
- Planning health and safety throughout the development, assessing upcoming challenges and ensuring health and safety solutions are in place
- Visiting site, assisting, advising and coaching contractors to ensure they can achieve the efficient and effective delivery of the health and safety strategy
- Conducting incident investigation to identify root cause and making recommendations to prevent reoccurrence
- Constantly assessing opportunities for improvements and sharing best practice across the organisation
The successful Senior Health and Safety Manager will have:
- Proven leadership experience in a similar role ideally within construction or civil engineering or a related industry, ideally from a Principal contractor
- Experience in influencing, engaging and coaching senior management and site level operations
- Relevant health and safety related qualification
- Experience with innovative occupational health, wellbeing and behavioral programmes
- Solid understanding of health and safety legislation in The Netherlands and ideally a Dutch speaker
This position will require an individual who is passionate about health and safety and high performance. For further information or to discuss your career, contact James Irwin.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK and Europe. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.