Safety, Health and Environment Manager
Salary: £45,000 to £50,000 plus car allowance, plus bonus and excellent benefits
Location: Newmarket, Suffolk
We're pleased to be partnering with a global leader in the waste and recycling industry, the company has over a hundred locations across the world and an extensive network and workforce across the UK. The Safety, Health and Environment Manager will lead on all SHE matters and support business operations at a major processing plant in Newmarket.
This is a great opportunity to contribute to the overall health, safety and environment strategy of this leading organisation and help to drive health, safety and environmental performance.
Responsibilities of the Safety, Health & Environment Manager will include:
- Working closely with the SHEQ Director and senior management team to implement the safety, health and environment strategy
- Engaging across the site at all levels, from senior management to site operatives to embed safety, health and environment best practice
- Support training and development to help maximise potential
- Oversee a regular audit and inspection program across the site, ensuring accurate reporting on performance
- Ensure adherence to relevant regulations and legislation, striving to reach industry best practice at every opportunity
The successful Safety, Health and Environment Manager will have:
- Heavy manufacturing, Engineering, waste / recycling or other related industry experience
- Understanding and experience of process safety
- Degree qualified in Health & Safety or Environment, or other relevant qualifications (i.e NEBOSH or NCRQ Diploma or equivalent)
- Membership of a relevant body (i.e IOSH or IEMA)
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively in the boardroom and on site
This role would suit an experienced SHE professional looking to progress their career further in a successful and growing global orgnisation. Please contact Michael Colton on 01923 432 633 or to apply and for further details.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.