Safety, Health, Environment & Quality Manager
Salary: £45,000 to £50,000 plus excellent benefits
We've been engaged by an international leader in the Environmental services industry to recruit a Safety, Health, Environment & Quality (SHEQ) Manager. The role, reporting to the national SHE Manager, will lead on Health, Safety, Environment & Quality across the Southern region.
The organisation has an excellent reputation in the industry, with a long history of successful operation across the UK and internationally. This role will form part of the Health and safety leadership team for the company.
Responsibilities of the Safety, Health, Environment and Quality Manager will include:
- Promote a positive health and safety culture across the region and large sites in particular, seeking best practice at every opportunity
- Develop and manage the annual Health, Safety & Environment plan and objectives
- Keep updated with key changes to legislation to ensure compliance
- Manage the induction, training and development programme across their sites
- Continually develop and review SHEQ management systems in line with industry best practice
The successful Safety, Health, Environment & Quality Manager will have:
- Proven experience in a similar role within waste, recycling, chemicals, healthcare or a related industry
- NEBOSH Certificate (as minimum) and / or relevant Environment qualifications and ideally membership of a relevant professional body (i.e IOSH, IEMA)
- Knowledge and experience in the management and processing of hazardous waste (advantage)
- The ability to influence and engage with all levels of the organisation
This position would suit an experienced Health, Safety and Environment professional who enjoys striving for improvements and best practice. For further details and to apply please contact Michael Colton on 01923 432 633.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and Safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.