Safety, Health, Environment and Quality Manager (Rail Construction)
Cardiff (With site travel) | £Dependent upon experience
Irwin & Colton has been engaged by a global construction consultancy to recruit a Safety, Health, Environment and Quality Manager. The role is focused on leading a team of Regional SHEQ Advisors to ensure the delivery of the health and safety strategy across the organisation.
The company are engaged on a broad range of infrastructure projects, with a particular focus on the rail industry. Health and safety is core to their business and is top of the agenda.
Responsibilities for the Safety, Health, Environment and Quality Manager will include:
- Leading a team ensuring the implementation of Safety, Health, Environment and Quality policies and procedures on site
- Meeting, engaging, and liaising with the client, contractors, and other stakeholders to assess opportunities for improvement and implementing appropriate measure to take advantage of these opportunities
- Keeping updated with key changes to legislation across Safety, Health, Environment and Quality and ensuring the organisation remains compliant
- Continually developing and reviewing the health and safety management system in line with industry best practice
The Safety, Health, Environment and Quality Manager will have:
- Proven experience in a similar role within civil engineering with rail experience
- Ideally a NEBOSH/NCRQ Diploma or NVQ 5 (or equivalent)
- The ability to influence and engage key internal and external stakeholders
- A strong technical knowledge across relevant health and safety legislation and regulations within the rail industry
This position will require a self starter who can lead by example and hit the ground running. A UK Driver's license is essential. Contact James Irwin on or 01923 432 632.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.