Safety, Health and Environment Advisor |Bristol
Salary: £35,000 to £45,000 plus car allowance, plus benefits
We've pleased to be partnering with a global leader in the waste and recycling industry, the company has over a hundred locations across the world and an extensive network and workforce across the UK. The Safety, Health and Environment Advisor will support site operations across the South West of England region.
This is a great opportunity to contribute to the overall health, safety and environment strategy of this leading organisation and help to drive health, safety and environmental performance.
Responsibilities of the Safety, Health & Environment Advisor will include:
- Working closely with the Regional SHE Manager to implement the safety, health and environment strategy
- Engaging across sites at all levels, from senior management to site operatives to embed safety, health and environment best practice
- Deliver support and training to site operatives on health, safety and environment issues as required
- Perform regular audits and inspections across sites in the regional area, accurately reporting on findings
- Ensure adherence to relevant regulations and legislation, striving to reach industry best practice
The successful Safety, Health and Environment Advisor will have:
- Previous experience in a similar SHE role with a proven track record of improving performance
- Heavy manufacturing, waste / recycling or other related high-risk industry experience
- Degree qualified in Health & Safety or Environment, or other relevant qualifications (i.e NEBOSH or NCRQ Cert or equivalent)
- Membership of a relevant body (i.e IOSH or IEMA)
- Excellent communication skills
This role would suit an experienced SHE professional looking to progress their career further in a successful and growing global orgnisation. Please contact Michael Colton on 01923 432 633 or to apply and for further details.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.