Regional Safety, Health & Environment (SHE) Advisor | £45,000 plus car & excellent benefits
Newmarket, Suffolk - with regular site travel
Irwin & Colton are working with a leading Principal Contractor to secure a Regional Safety, Health & Environment (SHE) Advisor to oversee a portfolio of commercial and residential projects. The role will report in to the Group SHE Director and ensure the consistent implementation and progression of a positive safety culture.
This principal contractor has a strong heritage and a reputation for being an employer of choice within the construction industry.
Key responsibilities of the Safety, Health and Environment Advisor:
- Carry out site inspections and audits to identify any unsafe practices and educate the teams towards the correct methods of work
- Keep up to date with SHE legislation and company policies and procedures, and ensure that the site teams are following these
- Liaise with senior management teams, offering SHE advice as necessary and attending regular SHE meetings
- Lead accident/incident investigations for your area
The ideal candidate will have the following experience and skills:
- NEBOSH General Certificate / Construction Certificate
- Proven experience in a similar role ideally within civil engineering, piling, construction or a related industry
- Experience in a Health & Safety or SHEQ position
- Valid CSCS card / Valid UK Driving Licence
This is a great opportunity to work for a well-known construction company, on a varied and interesting portfolio of projects. If you have the relevant skills and experience, please apply or call 01923 432 687
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and Safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.