Regional Health and Safety Advisor
Cardiff | £Competitive + Car + Benefits
An exciting opportunity has arisen with a leading technology lead construction and engineering company. The organisation has an extensive track record of successful operation over many years in the UK and this is an excellent opportunity to join the expanding Health and Safety Team with a particular focus on major rail construction projects.
Responsibilities for the Regional Health and Safety Advisor will include:
- Communicating and ensuring the implementation of the health and safety policies across the organisation
- Assisting and advising project managers on the day to day implementation of the UK health and safety management system and auditing against this
- Conducting health and safety training
- Attending regular meetings with a range of key stakeholders engaging and influencing across the business
The successful Regional Health and Safety Advisor candidate will have:
- Proven experience in a similar role within the civil engineering and rail environment
- A NEBOSH, NCRQ or NVQ qualification, at or above certificate level (or equivalent) and ideally a PTS card
- The ability to influence and engage a range of stakeholders
- A strong technical knowledge across relevant health and safety legislation, compliance and regulations
This position will require a self starter who can lead by example and hit the ground running; excellent communication skills are essential. The position will include travel, a valid UK driving license is essential.
For more information on this opportunity or to discuss your next career move, contact James Irwin on +44(0)1923 432 632 or apply here.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.