Recruitment Consultant (Health, Safety and Environment) | Rickmansworth | £26,000 to £40,000 base salary (£60,000 OTE)
Ready to succeed with ambitious industry experts?
Looking for big rewards in a collaborative, supportive, social environment?
About the company
Irwin & Colton is the specialist in Health, Safety and Environment recruitment, with over two decades’ experience, and well established as the industry expert. Our candidates are a rare blend of hard skills (qualifications / experience) and soft skills (communication / problem solving). Finding these special people, who add so much value to our clients’ organisations, takes experience and judgement. We’re committed to helping you succeed, in an open, positive environment.
At Irwin & Colton you’ll find genuine, friendly people who work hard and are well rewarded for it, and who enjoy social time together, away from the 9-5.
We’re in Rickmansworth Town Centre, a five-minute walk from Rickmansworth Station (Metropolitan and Chiltern Train Line).
About the role:
This is a new role because our commitment to finding unique candidates is paying dividends, and we’re growing fast. As one of our Recruitment Consultants you’ll need to:
Develop current client relationships. Many of your clients will be ‘warm’, however you’ll also need to build relationships, so there will be some developing of new business.Lead on end-to-end recruitment assignments, to ensure successful delivery, using the internal Research Team where required.Work with the Directors on a range of business development activities including: attending industry events and conferences, meeting clients and creating social media and video content.
Our team and your place in it
We’re a close-knit team, from recent graduates through to experienced Consultants, with backgrounds in sales, events and recruitment. We put great value in collaborative working and encourage our Consultants to cross sell and share candidates.
As a Consultant with us you’ll have your own desk but will work in close partnership with the Directors and other Consultants in your area. You’ll be well supported by our two Directors who both have over a decade in the industry and have studied, volunteered and worked in the wider EHS space.
We have preferred supplier agreements with a large number of clients, so you’ll be coming to a 'warm' desk with active leads and jobs; but you’ll also need to develop and grow your own.
What we’re looking for
The most import things to us is your determination to grow and succeed. It’s all about who you are. Our reputation has been built on in-depth industry knowledge and finding those candidates who add unexpected value. That’s why world-famous clients rely on us.
- Tenacity, perseverance, excellent organisational skills and a great work ethic
- Recruitment experience is preferred, however solid experience within a sales / business development role and the right attitude and personality will also be considered
- A degree or equivalent vocational qualification would be ideal
- An understanding of the Health, Safety & Environment sector would be an advantage, however full industry training will be provided.
We’ll give you all the time you need, to settle in and get to grips with the technology, and how we work. We’ll also help you understand the industry. Everyone is different so we make sure your financial target is tailored to you. What matters most to us is that you show determination and commitment, and stick to our values. If you do that we’re sure you will bill, but if you don’t we will support you, we’re here for you, for the long term.
How we’ll support you
We invest heavily in the latest technology, so you’ll have ‘best-in-class’ tools and systems to help identify the highest-calibre candidates. Our Bullhorn CRM system is easy to use, while you can access Broadbean to post all your ads, across specialist and generalist publications, at once and easily manage responses. And you’ll have Professional LinkedIn Membership. We also have an internal research team at your disposal. While our recently-updated, mobile and SEO optimized website is a fantastic tool.
Real expertise you can bank on
Our assertion of deep, respected market knowledge is no spurious claim. Our popular Safety Bytes videos, where industry leaders regularly appear, demonstrate our knowledge and reputation. In a crowded marketplace, where great service is standard, true market insight is a valuable commodity and our Safety Bytes series, with over 10,000 regular viewers, sets us apart as the true industry experts.
You’ll be working directly with one of the Directors. They have a friendly, hands-on approach, although are respectful of experience and skills learnt elsewhere. You can always come and talk to one of the Directors if you need to, whether that’s to bounce ideas or if something’s wrong.
We know your commission is a big part of the job, so we keep it simple, uncapped and generous. All paid quarterly you can earn up to 40%, there are no thresholds in your first 6 months and a low threshold thereafter.
So what are the perks?
We look after our people because we want you to stay with us for the long term. So, as well as all the things you’d expect, like a pension and 25 days’ holiday, you’ll enjoy a range of social activities, from weekly beers, to big nights out and unforgettable events.
Here’s a full list:
- Time off
- Holiday allowance (25 days plus bank holidays) including your birthday off
- Closed from Christmas to New Year1 month fully-paid leave (sabbatical), after 5 years
- Christmas & Summer Party, and Quarterly Events – every quarter is different, past events include: rooftop cocktails in London, speed boat on Thames, Top Golf, German Christmas markets (and beer house).
- Daily dress down (Business Casual)
- Annual awards
- Friday: beers at 4.30pm, all day casual wear and early finish – weekly dart board jackpot winner
- Summer family BBQsTeam nights out for hitting target
- Weekly lunchtime jogging club around local parks
- Sporting team challenges (Tough Mudder / Rough Runner)
- Thousands of discounts for fashion, leisure and entertainment, eating out, holidays and travel and shopping, saving you around £1,200 a year
- Mentoring, support and active career development
- Fully subsidised weekly spin class
- Free fruit, all day, every day
- Mobile phone insurance
- Quick online GP access
- Uncapped commission structure
Sound like the right role for you?
If you think you’d be a good match for this role, check out our website or Hunted profile page to find out more or contact our Director, James Irwin on 01923 432 632. We’re looking forward to meeting our next exceptional Recruitment Consultant.