Interim Head of Safety, Health, Environment (Rail infrastructure)
Circa £550 per day
National role with site travel
Irwin & Colton are working with a global leader in the construction and infrastructure sector to secure an Interim Head of Safety, Health and Environment to scope, develop and deliver SHE solutions within the rail sector on major infrastructure projects.
This role is looking for an experienced health and safety professional, an innovative individual who can bring ideas, energy and leadership to the role. The role will lead a team of experienced SHE professionals.
Key responsibilities for the Head of Safety, Health and Environment:
- Develop, improve and refine the health and safety strategy
- Leading a Health and Safety team ensuring the delivery of the strategy on site and at project locations across the Midlands and north of England
- Influencing, engaging and coaching key internal and external stakeholders to effect change
- Constantly assess opportunities for improvement and share best practice across the organisation
Essential experience for the Head of Safety, Health and Environment:
- Proven leadership experience in a similar role ideally on large infrastructure, rail or construction projects.
- Large operational team management and experience in influencing and engaging with senior management.
- Ideally Chartered membership of IOSH, and ideally a relevant post graduate qualification.
- Effective communication skills - both verbal and written, with the ability to engage with a range of clients and stakeholders
- A positive and pragmatic attitude to problem solving within health and safety.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experience health and safety leader to further develop their career across an interesting portfolio of rail infrastructure projects, with a leading Principal Contractor. For further details and to apply please contact James Irwin on 01923 432 632.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.