Health, Safety and Environment Manager
Location: Melksham, Wiltshire
Salary: £50,000 + Excellent benefits
We've been engaged by a leading global FMCG manufacturing company to recruit a Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Manager. The company operates worldwide, and this role will lead on health and safety in their major UK manufacturing site with over 500 employees. The health and safety of all employees is a top priority for the company and this role will play a business-critical role within the organisation.
This role would suit a proactive and self-motivated person, someone who enjoys a fast paced and dynamic working environment and can look for areas of change and improvement.
Responsibilities of the Health, Safety & Environment Manager will include:
- Ensuring the site is compliant with both UK legislation and the global strategy for health, safety and environment
- Leading a small team engaging, assisting, coaching and mentoring across the site, acting as the key point of contact for health, safety and environmental issues
- Auditing safety and health performance, accurately reporting and investigating incidents and near misses
- Engaging with key internal and external stakeholders including contractors, regulators, enforcement agencies and suppliers, always seeking areas for improvement
The successful Health, Safety & Environment Manager will have:
- Proven experience in a similar health and safety role, ideally from within a manufacturing environment
- NEBOSH or NCRQ Certificate (or equivalent) and ideally working towards Diploma level
- Excellent communication skills with proven experience engaging clients, staff and contractors
- A strong technical knowledge across relevant health and safety legislation
This is a great opportunity to work for a globally recognised brand in a fast paced and dynamic position. For more information and to apply please contact Michael Colton on 01923 432 633 or email
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.