Health, Safety & Environment Lead
Bradford | £50,000 + Car + Benefits
Irwin & Colton have been engaged by a well-established specialist sub-contractor to identify a Health, Safety & Environment Lead. The organisation has an extensive track record of successful operation in the UK and this is an excellent opportunity to take a leadership position in health and safety & Environment.
Responsibilities for the Health, Safety & Environment Lead will include:
- Leading the Health and Safety function to ensure the implementation of a positive Health and Safety culture and compliance with company policies and procedures
- Engaging with a range of internal and external stakeholders including the Board, regulators, and employees across the country
- Visiting site, assessing Health and Safety performance and implementing an effective audit plan, ensuring correct documentation, training and accurately reporting
- Constantly assessing and implementing opportunities to improve Health and Safety performance across the business
The successful Health, Safety & Environment Lead will have:
- Proven experience in a similar role within property, construction, facilities management or a related industry
- Working towards a NEBOSH or NCRQ Diploma (or equivalent) and relevant membership of IOSH
- The ability to influence, communicate and engage with a range of stakeholders
The Health, Safety & Environment Lead will require a self starter who can lead by example and hit the ground running; excellent communication skills are essential. The position will include travel, a valid UK driving license is essential.
For more information on the Health, Safety & Environment Lead or to discuss your next career move, contact Conor Walsh on +44(0) 1923 432 628 or apply here. Ref 603
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Health and Safety Manager positions.