Interim Health, Safety, Environment & Quality Manager | Shetland
3 month contract: £250 per day plus accommodation
We've been engaged by a specialist engineering and manufacturing company, to recruit an Interim Health, Safety, Environment & Quality Manager. The organisation specialises in the marine engineering industry and this role is specifically responsible for workshops, manufacturing and maintenance facilities on Shetland. This role will cover a period of extended leave.
Responsibilities of the Interim Health, Safety, Environment & Quality Manager will include:
- Ensuring the business is compliant with UK legislation and internal standards for best practice health, safety, environment and quality
- Maintain HSQE Management Systems ensuring that all Policies and Procedures comply with the requirements of ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 45001 standards
- Engaging with staff at all levels across the site to drive improvements across the health, safety, environment and quality
- Audit and inspect for safety, health and environmental performance, accurately reporting and investigating any incidents and near misses
- Engaging with key internal and external stakeholders including contractors, auditors etc
The successful Interim Health, Safety, Environment & Quality Manager will have:
- Proven experience in a similar role ideally within a manufacturing or industrial environment
- NEBOSH or NCRQ Certificate and membership of IOSH,
- Quality and environmental experience and ISO auditor experience
- Excellent communication skills with proven experience engaging colleagues and a wide range of stakeholders
- A strong technical knowledge across relevant health, safety, environment and quality
This is a unique opportunity to work in the Shetland islands for a well-regarded company in their field. If the role is of interest, please contact Michael Colton on or 01923 432 633.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and Safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.