Health, Safety and Radiation Advisor
Francis Crick Institute | London
Salary: Circa £50,000 plus Excellent Benefits
Irwin & Colton are delighted to be exclusively partnering with The Francis Crick Institute to find a new Health, Safety & Radiation Advisor to join their operational safety team. This position will play a leading role in developing a positive and proactive safety culture across the organisation within the radiation department.
The Francis Crick Institute is world renowned for its biomedical research. It is a diverse and complex organisation including scientific, R&D and laboratory environments, and health and safety is a top priority. The successful candidate will join a well-established team of technical professionals operating across various specialisms.
Responsibilities for the Health, Safety & Radiation Advisor will include:
- Act as the Crick Radiation Protection Officer - advising all staff on radiation risks
- Be the key point of contact within the Crick for the external Radiation Protection Adviser (RPA) and Radiation Waste Advisor (RWA).
- Monitor and control the use of radioactive materials throughout the Crick, by means of Isostock program
- To be the first point of contact, providing advice across your floor, on a wide range of health, safety and compliance topics.
- Support the wider H&S team with communication and consultation on health and safety
The successful Health, Safety & Radiation Advisor will have:
- Proven experience in a similar Health & Safety role with experience of managing the control of risks arising from radiation, ideally from within scientific research, universities, or similar environment
- An undergraduate degree (or equivalent) and relevant membership of IOSH
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with experience influencing and engaging with a wide range of stakeholders
- Strong attention to detail with a proven track record of managing multiple projects simultaneously
This role would suit an experienced Health & Safety professional looking to progress their career further in a successful leading organisation. Please contact Emily Flynn on 01923 433 289 or to apply and for further details.