Health, Safety and Environment Manager (Civil Engineering)
Hemel Hempstead | £50,000 + Car + Excellent Benefits
Irwin & Colton have been engaged by a high-profile civil engineering contractor to recruit a Health, Safety and Environment Manager. Reporting to the Managing Director, the role is focused on leading the health, safety and environment function to ensure the successful delivery of the Health, Safety and Environmental strategy. The organisation play a critical role on a range of high profile, long term construction and infrastructure projects with health, safety and environment performance being a central priority to the organisation.
Responsibilities for the Health, Safety and Environment Manager will include:
- Working with the senior management reviewing the health, safety and environment strategy, ensuring this is fit for purpose and industry best practice
- Engaging with operational teams, clients and external stakeholders, ensuring responsibilities are clear and the strategy is delivered at site level
- Keeping updated with key changes to legislation and ensuring the organisation remains compliant and answering technical health and safety related enquires
- Maintaining the ISO 45001, 14001 and 9001 management systems
The successful Health, Safety and Environment Manager will have:
- Proven experience in a similar role within civil engineering and utilities, ideally deep excavation experience
- Ideally hold or working towards a NEBOSH/NCRQ Diploma or NVQ 5 (or equivalent) and membership of IOSH
- The ability to influence and engage key internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent management systems experience
This position will require a self starter who can lead by example and hit the ground running. A UK Driver's license is essential. Contact James Irwin on or 01923 432 632.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.