Health, Safety and Environment Lead
Salary - £80,000
London based with site travel
Irwin & Colton have been engaged by a high-profile civil engineer to recruit a Health, Safety and Environment Lead. The role is taking a leadership role on a major project within one of London's largest civil engineering schemes. The organisation has an excellent track record across health and safety and this role is critical to its continued success.
This role is looking for an experienced health and safety professional, an innovative individual who can bring ideas, energy, and leadership to the role. The role will lead a team of experienced SHE professionals.
Key responsibilities for the Health, Safety and Environment Lead:
- Lead on the implementation of the health and safety strategy on sites
- Leading a Health and Safety team ensuring the delivery of the strategy on site and at project locations across London
- Influencing, engaging, and coaching key internal and external stakeholders to effect change
- Constantly assess opportunities for improvement and share best practice across the organisation
Essential experience for the Health, Safety and Environment Lead:
- Proven leadership experience in a similar role ideally on large infrastructure, rail or construction projects.
- Large operational team management and experience in influencing and engaging with senior management.
- Ideally Chartered membership of IOSH, and ideally a relevant post graduate qualification.
- Effective communication skills - both verbal and written, with the ability to engage with a range of clients and stakeholders
- A positive and pragmatic attitude to problem solving within health and safety.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experience health and safety leader to further develop their career across an interesting portfolio of rail infrastructure projects, with a leading Principal Contractor. For further details and to apply please contact James Cox on 01923 432 687.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.