Health, Safety and Environment Advisor
London | £34,000 + Excellent benefits
Irwin & Colton have been engaged by a large construction company to recruit a Health, Safety and Environment Advisor. The company are growing rapidly and play a key role in the construction of the most iconic projects in the UK.
The main purpose of this role is to provide health and safety support and coordination to the site construction team on a major project in Central London. As a result, this role would suit a health and safety professional looking to take the next step in their career or a construction Site Manager looking to take a step across into health and safety.
Responsibilities for the Health, Safety and Environment Advisor will include:
- Working across the site assisting on health and safety matters and provided advice and input to ensure the implementing health and safety policies and procedures and ensuring compliance with health and safety legislation
- Conducting toolbox talks, inductions, issuing permits and training
- Reviewing the production of risk assessments and method statements and answering any health and safety related queries
- Providing regular and accurate reports on site health and safety performance
The successful Health and Safety Advisor will have:
- Proven experience in either a similar health and safety or site management role from within construction or a related industry
- Hold either NEBOSH or NCRQ Certificate or a site management related qualification such as SMSTS and ideally membership of IOSH
- Excellent communications skills with the ability to tailor a message and communicate succinctly to a range of stakeholders
This is an excellent opportunity to work in leading construction company and a business that has a strong heritage and reputation. For further information or to discuss your career, contact James Irwin on or 01923 432 632
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and Safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.