Health, Safety and Environment Advisor
London | £45,000 + Car and excellent benefits
Irwin & Colton has been engaged by a well-known construction and civil engineering contractor to identify a Health, Safety and Environment Advisor. The organisation are one of the largest in the UK in their sector and operates across the construction, civil engineering and infrastructure space. This is a complex project involving a range of stakeholders, a strong technical background and exceptional communication skills are essential.
Responsibilities for the Health, Safety and Environment Advisor will include:
• Visiting site and advising a range of stakeholders on the day to day implementation of the health, safety and environment standards and implementing an effective audit plan
• Preparing and communicating health, safety and environment reports for the senior management team
• Meeting, engaging, and liaising with the client, contractors, and other stakeholders to assess opportunities for improvement and implementing appropriate measure to take advantage of these opportunities
• Investigating accidents and incidents and identifying the root cause and conducting training where required
The successful Health, Safety and Environment Advisor will have:
• Proven experience in a similar role ideally within civil engineering, utilities, construction or a related industry with streetworks experience
• A NEBOSH / NCRQ Diploma and relevant membership of IOSH
• Excellent communications skills with proven experience engaging clients and contractors
• A strong technical knowledge across relevant health and safety legislation, compliance and regulations
Expertise working with confined spaces and electrical contracting would be beneficial.
This position will require a self starter who can lead by example and hit the ground running. A UK Driver's licence is essential. Contact James Irwin on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01923 432 632.