Health, Safety and Environment Advisor (Manufacturing)
Location: Southampton, Hampshire
Salary: £35,000 + excellent benefits
We've been engaged by a specialist global industrial technology manufacturer to recruit a Health, Safety and Environment Advisor. The organisation has a large global footprint and this role is specifically focused on the health and safety of a manufacturing in Hampshire. The role will report to the Group HSEQ Manager and help to drive a positive health and safety culture across the site.
Responsibilities of the Health, Safety and Environment Advisor will be:
- Supporting the Plant Manager and SHEQ Manager to ensure the site is compliant with UK legislation and inline with the overall UK and global strategy for health, safety and environment.
- Engaging with members of staff at all levels across the site to improve awareness and commitment to health, safety and environmental issues.
- Managing a regular audit and inspection programme, assessing health, safety and environment performance and identify any areas to improve.
- Engaging with key internal and external stakeholders including contractors, regulators, and enforcement agencies as required.
The successful Health, Safety and Environment Advisor will have:
- Proven experience in a similar HSE role, ideally from within a manufacturing, pharmaceutical, chemical or industrial environment
- NEBOSH Certificate (as minimum), ideally membership of a relevant body (eg. IOSH)
- An Environmental qualification (advantageous)
- A good technical knowledge of relevant health, safety and environmental legislation
This is an excellent opportunity to grow and develop your career further with a global organisation with an enviable reputation within their field. If you are interested and have the required experience, please contact Michael Colton on or 01923 432 633.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and Safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.