Health & Safety Advisor | Docklands, London | £35,000 to £45,000 plus benefits
Irwin and Colton have been engaged by a specialist high-end construction fit-out and refurbishment company to secure a Health & Safety Advisor. The role will work closely with the Head of Health & Safety and help to ensure a positive and proactive approach to health and safety across the business.
This is a great opportunity to work in a small but fast-growing organisation and help to drive health and safety performance forward.
Responsibilities of the Health and Safety Advisor will include:
- Engaging with the workforce across sites, carrying out risk assessments and implementing health and safety policies and procedures, to ensure compliance with health and safety legislation
- Undertaking audits and inspections on site, identifying areas for improvement and reporting on the findings
- Conducting training, toolbox talks, inductions and investigating incidents where required and answering any health and safety related queries from across the business
- Support the ongoing development of the companies ISO certification ISO 9001, ISO 14001 & OHSAS 18001 integrated management system
- Engaging with people at all levels across the organisation to embed health and safety best practice
The successful Health & Safety Advisor will have:
- Similar experience in a Health and safety role, from within the construction, fit out or refurbishment industries or other related industry
- NEBOSH General or Construction Certificate and Tech IOSH membership and or membership of relevant industry body
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build relationships across all levels of the organisation
This is a great opportunity grow and develop your career as the business grows. If you have the relevant skills and experience or would like further information, please contact Michael Colton on 01923 432 633 or
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and Safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.