Health and Safety Manager
£50,000 - £60,000 Plus Company Car and Excellent Benefits
Irwin & Colton are pleased to have been engaged by a growing service supplier to the Transport Industry who are looking to recruit a Health and Safety Manager. This position is primarily focused on ensuring the successful delivery of Health and Safety across their portfolio of public transport depots.
This role will play an essential part on working with the operational team to ensure health and safety best practice and to promote a positive health and safety culture across the organisation.
Responsibilities of the Health and Safety Manager will include:
- Leading on activities to improve Health and Safety performance across the organisation
- Visiting sites to conduct audits and inspections, and answer any health and safety related queries
- Ensuring policies and procedures are reviewed and updated, completing accident investigations as required
- Co-ordinate and communicate health and safety activity across the business, and with clients
- Accurately reporting on health and safety performance and communicating this across the organisation
The successful Health and Safety Manager will have:
- Proven health and safety experience within Transport, Heavy Industrial environments, property management or facilities management industries
- NEBOSH General Certificate (or equivalent) and relevant membership of IOSH
- Excellent communications skills with experience of engaging with stakeholders
- Proven experience implementing ISO-Management Systems
This position would suit an enthusiastic and proactive person who enjoys interacting with a range of stakeholders. For more information on this opportunity or to discuss your next career move, contact Emily Flynn via or on +44(0) 1923 433 289 or apply here.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the Southeast of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health, and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.