Health & Safety Manager - 12 month FTC
Salary: £55,000 to £60,000 plus excellent benefits
We've been engaged by one of the UK's largest real estate companies to identify a Health and Safety Manager for a 12-month fixed term contract. The organisation hold a multibillion-pound property portfolio, including a range of high-end commercial properties.
The role will lead on implementing the health & safety strategy across the large portfolio of properties. The position will liaise with various stakeholders at all levels across the business, aiming to raise the level of health and safety performance across the portfolio and share best practice across sites.
Responsibilities of the Health and Safety Manager will include:
- Ensure a culture of best practice health and safety across the business and property portfolio, ensuring regulatory compliance
- Provide expert guidance and leadership to building managers and engage with all staff across the organisation on health and safety issues
- Ensure activities across the portfolio are properly risk assessed and manage a regular audit programme to evaluate performance
- Develop and manage the health and safety management system, seek opportunities to improve and enhance the overall Health and safety strategy and performance
The successful Health and Safety Manager will have:
- NEBOSH / NCRQ certificate (as minimum) and membership of IOSH or IIRSM
- Proven experience in a similar health and safety role, ideally with property, facilities management or related industry experience
- Proven experience of influencing and engaging with stakeholders at all levels
- Willingness to travel
This is an excellent opportunity to work for a leading property company in a professional and forward-thinking environment. For more information on this opportunity or to discuss your next career move, contact Michael Colton on +44(0) 1923 432 632.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.