Health and Safety Director
London | £120,000 + Car + Excellent Benefits
Irwin & Colton has been engaged by a high-profile construction contractor to recruit a Health and Safety Director. The company are currently engaged on a broad range of major construction and civil engineering projects. Specifically, this organisation are looking for a creative, innovative, individual with new ideas, who can drive a behavioral change programme and which can ensure their health and safety program continues to deliver to the highest standard.
It is essential candidates for this role have a proven track record of engaging and influencing senior management, ideally at board level.
Responsibilities for the Health and Safety Director will include:
- Working with the Board and senior stakeholders to develop and continually refine the health and safety strategy
- Leading the Health and Safety team ensuring the successful delivery of the strategy on site
- Influencing, engaging and coaching key internal and external stake holders to drive change
- Conducting major health and safety incident investigation to identify root cause and making recommendations to prevent reoccurrence
- Constantly assessing opportunities for health and safety improvements and sharing best practice across the organisation
The successful Health and Safety Director candidate will have:
- Proven leadership experience in a similar role ideally within construction or civil engineering or a related industry
- Experience in influencing, engaging and coaching senior management and site level operations
- A NEBOSH / NCRQ Diploma or NVQ5 (or equivalent) and ideally Chartership of IOSH
- Experience with innovative across health and safety, wellbeing and behavioral programmes
This position will require an individual who is passionate about health and safety and high performance. For further information or to discuss your career, contact James Irwin on or 01923 432 632.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.