Health and Safety Consultant | Construction
Home based | South East
£30,000 - £40,000 salary + Car allowance, travel & benefits.
Irwin & Colton are working with a leading health and safety consultancy to secure multiple Health and Safety Consultants to work across a range of projects across London and the home counties.
This consultancy has a track record spanning over 20 years and counts many of the UK's largest companies as clients. Their clients span a range of sectors from construction through to manufacturing and engineering. Consultants come from a range of backgrounds.
The roles will be based from home but will involve travel on a daily basis to client sites across the designated region.
The overall purpose of the role is to provide high quality health and safety services to company clients in line with the overall company objectives.
Key responsibilities for the Health and Safety Consultant:
- Complete robust, clearly defined Health and Safety inspections with associated reports and recommendations to ensure client safety management is fit for purpose in line with business activities
- Complete safety audits of client premises as required and provide clear, transparent recommendations and report on the findings
- Generate quality driven client safety reports, risk and COSHH assessments
- Train people in aspects of health and safety where competent to do so
- Attend and participate within client Health & Safety meetings to providing guidance and best practice on safety issues
- Attend professional development training and meetings as required, to ensure best practice safety management techniques are shared and used for the benefit of all
Essential experience and qualifications for the Health and Safety Consultant:
- Experience within a health and safety role, ideally from within construction, engineering or a related sector
- NEBOSH or NCRQ Certificate or equivalent and Technical or Graduate membership of IOSH
- Effective communication skills - both verbal and written, with the ability to engage with a range of stakeholders
- A positive and pragmatic attitude to problem solving within health and safety
This is an excellent opportunity for an established health and safety professional to further develop their career across an interesting portfolio of construction projects, with a reputable consultancy. For further details and to apply please contact Emily Dainton on or 01923 432 634. REF ED667.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.