Health and Safety Advisor
East Scotland (With regional site travel) | Competitive Salary + Car Allowance
Irwin & Colton has been engaged by a high-profile civil engineer to recruit a Health and Safety Advisor. The role is focused on helping to ensure the safe delivery of major, long term utility contracts across East to North Scotland. The organisation has an excellent track record across health and safety and this role is critical to its continued success.
Responsibilities for the Health and Safety Advisor will include:
- Implementing health and safety policies and procedures on site, ensuring compliance and keeping updated with key changes to legislation
- Visiting site and engaging with managers, ensuring responsibilities are clear and answering technical Health and Safety related enquires
- Conducting audits, inspections, and accident investigations. Constantly seeking areas for improvement and development in health and safety performance
- Engaging with the client and other external stakeholders, acting as a key point of contact
The successful Health and Safety Advisor will have:
- Proven experience in a similar role ideally within civil engineering or
- A NEBOSH or NCRQ Certificate and ideally Tech IOSH status and experience with ISO
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to manage competing
- A strong technical knowledge across relevant health and safety legislation, compliance and regulations.
A UK Driver's license is essential due to the regional travel. For more details and to apply, contact Dean Townshend on 07910869391, or
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.