Health and Safety Advisor
London | £47,000 + Car + Benefits
An exciting opportunity has arisen with a leading company within the civil engineering sector as a Health and Safety Advisor. The organisation has an extensive track record of successful operation in the UK and this is an excellent opportunity to join the expanding Health and Safety Team.
Responsibilities for the Health and Safety advisor will include:
- Visiting site, assessing safety and health performance and implementing an effective audit plan
- Working with the wider Health and Safety Team to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures
- Accurately reporting on performance and communicating this across the organisation and to the Client
- Investigating accidents and incidents and identifying the root cause and carrying out tool box talks and training where required
The successful Health and Safety Advisor will have:
- Proven experience in a similar role within civil engineering, construction, utilities or a related industry
- Ideally hold or working towards the NEBOSH or NCRQ Diploma (or equivalent) and relevant membership of IOSH
- The ability to influence, communicate with and engage a range of stakeholders
Street works experience would be beneficial.
This position will require a self starter who can lead by example and hit the ground running; excellent communication skills are essential. The position will include travel, a valid UK driving license is essential.
For more information on this opportunity or to discuss your next career move, contact James Irwin on +44(0) 1923 432 632 or apply here.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Health and Safety Manager positions.