Head of Health & Safety | Northampton or London
Salary: £50,000 to £55,000 + Excellent Benefits
We're partnering with a specialist company involved in the enabling and groundworks stages of some of the largest infrastructure projects across the UK. The new Head of Health & Safety will join the Senior Management team, report into the COO, and lead on health and safety for the company.
The successful candidate will manage two Health & Safety Advisors and be responsible for ensuring a positive and proactive approach to Health and Safety across the organisation.
This is a great opportunity to work for a forward-thinking organisation who are leaders in their field and help to drive health and safety performance forward.
Responsibilities of the Head of Health and Safety will include:
- Working closely with the senior management team to implement the health and safety policies and procedures in line with the business evolution and growth
- Engaging across the organisation from the senior management to the shop floor to embed health and safety best practice
- Managing a regular audit and reporting program and communicating performance across the company
- Acting as the key Health and Safety point of contact for a range of stakeholders including regulators and customers
- Leading on programmes of work and new initiatives across health, safety and wellbeing
The successful candidate will have:
- Similar experience in a health, safety and environment role with a proven track record of improving performance
- Experience within civil engineering, groundworks, environmental services, construction or other related industry
- Ideally a NEBOSH, NVQ 5, or NCRQ diploma (or equivalent)
- Membership of IOSH (Chartered or working towards)
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build relationships at all levels
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Health & Safety Manager to step into a leadership position for an established company with an interesting portfolio of projects. If you have the relevant skills and experience or would like further information, please contact Michael Colton on 01923 432633 or
Irwin & Colton is a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and Safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.