Head of Health, Safety & Quality | London| £60,000 to £70,000 plus travel & benefits
We've been engaged by one of the UK's leading Health, Safety and Fire consultancies, to recruit a Head of Health, Safety & Quality to lead their growing health and safety division. The business operates nationally with a wide range of high profile clients across a variety of sectors.
Reporting into the MD, this is a leadership position within the consultancy, it will lead a team and would suit an experienced health and safety professional who enjoys team management and a varied diverse role.
Responsibilities of the Head of Health, Safety & Quality:
- Working with a range of clients on scoping project delivery, accurately assessing health, safety and fire risks and working with clients to deliver solutions
- Lead and manage a team, whilst also overseeing and directing project allocation and delivering on client assignments
- Provide quality assurance and review of client deliveries and projects
- Be client facing, providing professional safety and health advice and expertise
- Undertake audits, policy review, training, risk assessments and management systems assessment as required
- Lead on internal projects to share best practice and ideas, constantly assessing opportunities for improvement and innovation across the organisation
The successful Head of Health, Safety & Quality will have:
- NEBOSH Diploma or NVQ Level 5/NCRQ Level 6 Diploma (essential)
- NEBOSH Fire Safety Cert or fire safety related qualification (essential)
- Chartered Membership of IOSH or another relevant membership body (ideally)
- Proven health and safety management experience ideally from consultancy or across a range of industries
- Excellent communications skills with proven experience of engaging with a range of stakeholders both internally and externally
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a leading organisation in a growing business division. It would suit an experienced and proactive health and safety professional who enjoys interacting with a range of stakeholders. If you have the relevant skills and experience, please contact Michael Colton on or 01923 432633.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and Safety Advisor, through to Health and Safety Director positions.