Head of Health and Safety - Rail infrastructure| Birmingham |
Up to £75,000 + Car Allowance & benefits.
Irwin & Colton are working with a global leader in the construction and infrastructure space to secure a Safety, Health, Environment & Quality (SHEQ) Lead to scope, develop and deliver SHEQ solutions within the rail sector to meet their clients' needs.
With over 4,000 people worldwide, this consultancy has a track record of delivering high quality services to major capital projects for over 50 years and counts many of the UK's largest companies as clients. Their clients span a range of sectors from construction and infrastructure through to manufacturing and engineering.
Key responsibilities for the Safety, Health, Environment & Quality Lead:
- Development and expansion of SHEQ workstream within the rail sector, and development of collaborative working relationships both internally and externally, in order to deliver core and support services in line with the organisation's strategic objectives.
- Build and lead a team of consultants across a range of rail projects, to successfully manage risks and maximise opportunities from tender to construction stages.
- Deliver strong stakeholder engagement and identify any future opportunities to develop SHEQ services internally across the business divisions and create innovative ideas to drive continual improvement.
- Carry out business diagnostic 'gap analysis' reviews/audits to create a business unit strategy and set performance targets.
Essential experience and qualifications for the Safety, Health, Environment & Quality Lead:
- Proven leadership experience in a similar role on large rail infrastructure or construction projects.
- Operational team management and experience in influencing and engaging with key stakeholders and Directors.
- Experience in business development, ideally within a consulting capacity.
- Ideally Chartered membership of IOSH, with a relevant post graduate qualification.
- Effective communication skills - both verbal and written, with the ability to engage with a range of clients and stakeholders
- A positive and pragmatic attitude to problem solving within health and safety.
This is an excellent opportunity for an established health and safety professional to further develop their career across an interesting portfolio of rail construction projects, with a leading consultancy. For further details and to apply please contact Emily Dainton on or 01923 432 634.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.