Head of Health and Safety
St Albans | £120,000 + Car + Excellent Benefits
Irwin & Colton have been engaged by a well-known organisation in the construction and infrastructure sector to recruit a Head of Health and Safety. This is the most senior health and safety role in the organisation reporting to Board, with the position focused on leading the team to ensure the successful delivery of the Health and Safety strategy. Specifically, this role is tasked with both continuing the current success and laying the platform for continued development in the health and safety function
Key responsibilities for the Head of Health and Safety will include:
- Leading the development and execution of the health and safety strategy and tactical plan across the group
- Engaging across the business, including working with the Board of Directors to continue to drive a positive safety culture
- Scanning the horizon for future challenges and opportunities and implementing innovative ideas to drive continual improvement
- Setting performance targets and ensuring accurate reporting against these
The successful candidate will hold:
- Senior leadership experience in a similar role from within construction, utilities, civil engineering or a related industry
- Experience in influencing, engaging and coaching senior management to successfully drive change management projects
- Strategic vision, with the ability to identify innovative ideas and convert these into successful projects which have a tangible impact on performance
- Ideally Chartered Membership of IOSH and a relevant degree level qualification
This position will require a self starter who can lead by example and hit the ground running. A UK Driver's license is essential. Contact James Cox on or 01923 432 687.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.