Head of Environment and Sustainability - Construction | Birmingham |
Up to £80,000 + Car Allowance & benefits.
Irwin & Colton are working with a global leader in the construction and infrastructure space to secure an Environmental Lead to scope, develop and lead a team to deliver environmental and sustainability solutions across a range of sectors to meet their clients' needs.
With over 4,000 people worldwide, this consultancy has a track record of delivering high quality services to major capital projects for over 50 years and counts many of the UK's largest companies as clients. Their clients span a range of sectors from construction and infrastructure through to manufacturing and engineering.
Key responsibilities for the Associate Director (Environment):
- Development and expansion of environmental workstream across the construction and infrastructure space, and development of collaborative working relationships both internally and externally, in order to deliver core and support services in line with the organisation's strategic objectives.
- Building and leading a team of Environmental Consultants across a range of high-profile projects, to successfully manage risks and maximise opportunities from tender to construction stages.
- Delivering strong stakeholder engagement and identifying any future opportunities to develop environmental services internally across the business divisions and create innovative ideas to drive continual improvement.
- Create an environmental business unit strategy and set performance targets.
Essential experience and qualifications for the Associate Director (Environment):
- Proven leadership experience in a similar role on large infrastructure or construction projects.
- Operational team management and experience in influencing and engaging with key stakeholders and Directors.
- Experience in business development, ideally within a consulting capacity.
- Ideally MIEMA, with a relevant post graduate qualification.
- Effective communication skills - both verbal and written, with the ability to engage with a range of clients and stakeholders
- A positive and pragmatic attitude to problem solving within the environmental sector.
This is an excellent opportunity for an established environmental professional to further develop their career across an interesting portfolio of projects, with a leading consultancy. For further details and to apply please contact Emily Dainton on or 01923 432 634.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the environment, health and safety industry from Environment, Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Environment, Health and Safety Advisor positions.