Group Health, Safety & Environment Manager
Location: Glasgow - with national travel
Salary £50,000 to £55,000 plus car and excellent benefits
We've been engaged by a market leader in the food manufacturing industry to recruit a new Group Health, Safety and Environment (SHE) Manager. The role will report to the Managing Director and will lead on safety, health and environment for their UK operations. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring a positive and proactive approach to Safety, Health and Environment across the UK manufacturing and distribution sites.
This is a great opportunity to lead and shape the company strategy and approach to HSE across the organisation and help to drive company performance forward.
Responsibilities of the Group Health, Safety and Environment Manager will include:
- Working closely with senior management to create and implement the health, safety and environment policies and procedures in line with the business evolution and growth
- Engaging with all levels across the manufacturing facilities, from the senior management to the shop floor, to embed health, safety and environment best practice
- Managing a regular audit, inspection and reporting program, maintaining and improving management systems
- Acting as the key Health, Safety and Environment point of contact for a range of stakeholders including regulators
- Leading on new initiatives across health, safety and environment and ensuring full regulatory compliance
The successful Group HSE Manager will have:
- Similar experience in a health, safety and environment role with a proven track record of leading on HSE and improving performance
- Experience from a relevant sector will be essential (eg. manufacturing, transport, logistics)
- NEBOSH Certificate or equivalent as minimum (ideally diploma or working towards)
- Membership of a relevant body (eg. IOSH)
- Excellent communication skills and a positive approach
This is a great opportunity to join successful company with a diverse range of activities and products. If you have the relevant skills and experience or would like further information, please contact Michael Colton on 01923 432633 or
Irwin & Colton is a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and Safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.