Global Health, Safety and Environment Director
UK based with international travel
Salary: £120,000 to £140,000 plus excellent benefits
We've partnered with a leading global manufacturer of technology and engineering systems, to recruit a new Global Health, Safety and Environment Director. The organisation has a multi-billion annual turnover and a large global footprint, this role is specifically responsible for leading on Health, Safety and Environment strategy for the company. The role will oversee and lead the HSE activities of a large team supporting multiple sites globally, covering manufacturing, assembly and corporate offices.
The role will report to the Board on all matters relating to Health, Safety & Environment.
Responsibilities of the Global Health, Safety and Environment Director will include:
- Leading the overall global strategy for health, safety and environment
- Lead, manage and mentor a team of HSE leaders across various global regions
- Take a lead role in the organisation's COVID response and emergency planning
- Develop and implement new initiatives to increase health and safety performance, awareness and understanding across the business
- Engaging across the business, including working with business unit leads, functions leads and heads of operation, to drive a positive safety culture
The successful Global Health, Safety and Environment Director candidate will have:
- Proven experience in large complex global organisations, ideally within manufacturing, engineering or an industrial environment
- Proven leadership and management experience within matrix, multi-site operations role and an ability to communicate and engage with a wide range of stakeholders
- A strong technical knowledge across relevant health, safety and environment legislation
- NEBOSH or NCRQ Diploma and Membership of IOSH or other relevant professional body
This is an excellent leadership opportunity with a well-regarded global company. If the role is of interest, please contact Michael Colton on or 01923 432 633.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and Safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.