Circa £50,000, plus benefits
Irwin & Colton have been engaged by one of the UK's largest real estate organisations to identify a new Environment Manager. The organisation has a multibillion-pound turnover and specialises across a wide variety of commercial and residential property.
This role will report directly into the Head of Health, Safety, and Environment, working with key internal stakeholders across the business, to raise the level of environmental performance across a large property portfolio. This role works alongside the sustainability and the wider HSE team on a day-day basis and will lead on being responsible for compliance and systems management of ISO14001.
Responsibilities of the Environment Manager will include:
- Engaging with key stakeholders on site location to drive a positive environmental performance.
- Assessment of the environmental management systems to ensure that it reflects best practice.
- Conducting site inspections as required, working closely with local partners and teams, as well as external specialist consultants, across the UK portfolio.
- Supporting the wider team in the development and delivery of strategy, identifying opportunities to enhance the effectiveness of the overall environmental function.
The successful Health and Safety Manager will have:
- Degree in Environmental Management (or associated discipline) with excellent data management ability
- Proven experience in a similar environmental role driving change across large organisations, ideally with property or FM experience.
- Experience influencing and engaging at all levels within a large property portfolio environment.
- Proven understanding of ISO management systems.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an established real estate company with a long history and strong heritage. For more information on this opportunity or to discuss your next career move, contact Matthew Cathcart on +44(0) 1923 432 636 or apply here.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.