Environment and Sustainability Manager (Construction)
Windsor | Up to £50,000 + Car + Benefits
Irwin & Colton has been engaged by one of the UK's largest Principal Contractors to recruit an Environment and Sustainability Manager. This is the most senior Environmental and Sustainability role in the division. Their construction projects are mainly within Thames Valley region, are long term and high-profile role. They are currently engaged to construct some of the UK's most iconic structures and have a robust pipeline of projects. Environment and sustainability has always been at the top of the agenda and this role is critical to ensure continued success.
Responsibilities for the Environment and Sustainability Manager will include:
- Engaging with key internal and external stakeholders to help drive environmental and sustainability performance
- Visiting site, auditing environmental performance and mentoring site teams to ensure continual improvement in environment management and performance
- Working with the business to ensure the implementation of the group sustainability strategy including engaging the supply chain, community engagement, and design led sustainability programs
- Accurately reporting on environmental and sustainability performance and communicating this across the organisation
The Environment and Sustainability Manager will have:
- Proven experience in a similar role ideally within utilities, construction, civil engineering or a related industry
- Relevant Environmental qualifications and ideally IEMA Membership
- Excellent communications skills with proven experience engaging a wide range of stakeholders
- A strong technical knowledge across relevant environmental legislation, compliance and regulations
This position will require a self starter who can lead by example and hit the ground running; excellent communication skills are essential.
Contact James Irwin on or 01923 432 632.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Environment, Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the environment, health and safety industry from Environment, Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Environment, Health and Safety Advisor positions.