Environment and Sustainability Advisor
Newcastle Upon Tyne with Site Travel
Circa £37,000 Plus Car and Excellent Benefits
Irwin and Colton are pleased to announce we have been engaged by one the of the UK's leading energy companies, to recruit an Environment and Sustainability Advisor. This is a new position which will help to drive the company's sustainability strategy forward, with a particular focus on carbon reduction, working in close collaboration with the senior management team across the business.
Responsibilities for the Environment and Sustainability Advisor will include:
- Keeping the team and business up to date on the latest developments across sustainability, carbon reduction and ESG
- Ensuring each arm of the business have the appropriate systems in place to verify carbon emissions
- Ensure each arm is implementing and continually working on the Carbon Reduction Plan
- Assist with environment and quality management systems such as ISO9001, 14001 and 14064
The successful Environment and Sustainability Advisor will have:
- Proven experience in a similar role across environment, sustainability, or community engagement, ideally within construction, civil engineering or a related industry
- An Environmental related degree (or equivalent) and ideally a membership of a relevant membership body
- Ideally experience reporting on key environment, sustainability, and community metrics
- A positive and enthusiastic approach, with excellent written and verbal communications skills
This is an excellent opportunity for a passionate sustainability candidate to develop and grow their career in a forward-thinking professional environment. For further details and to apply contact Jessica Rowe on or 01923 432 693.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Environment, Sustainability, Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the environment, health and safety industry from Environment, Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Environment, Health and Safety Advisor positions.